Update on Russian military operations in Ukraine for January 20, 2023
– BBC citing Ukrainian sources admit that Soledar is under Russian control and Bakhmut is facing encirclement;
– The West is increasing the amount of weapons sent to Ukraine including weapon systems entirely inappropriate for Ukrainian forces;
– The latest US military aid package falls far short of even sustaining Ukrainian operations and covering its losses;
– The package includes Stryker armored personnel carriers, adding yet another type of vehicle that needs a separate logistical line and training program for the APC role;
– The West is not sending this hodgepodge of equipment because it thinks it’s the best option but instead because it is the only option.
Credit to : The New Atlas