Britain’s Last Battleship
On 4 August 1960 HMS Vanguard was towed from Portsmouth Harbour to the Breakers yard at Faslane in the Gareloch,Scotland, just a few miles from where she first set sail in 1946. Under the command of Lt. Cdr. W.G. Frampton were two officers and sixty ratings.She had been sold to the British Iron and Steel Corporation for £560,000.